Monday, June 12, 2006
Say Cheese!















I decided to take Rhyne and Jake downtown to the Falls, to take some nice pictures for Father's Day. Thank goodness my Mom went along, or I would still be down there, passed out from sheer exhaustion and have no one to call 911. Just imagine a 95 degree Friday afternoon, carrying a diaper bag (filled with clothes, diapers, sippie cups, and who knows what else), a camera case, pushing a double stoller that weighed at least 100 lbs (when both kids were strapped in it), and chasing after 2 two year olds!!!!! Flat out tired, I tell ya!


Neither one of them wanted to cooperate to get a really good picture taken together, so I took what I could get. Oh yes, they were the friendly, charming children (that I know they are) when strangers would come up and say, "Oh, how cute you are" or " Daddy is really going to like his pictures". But when it actually came down to snapping the "shot", they would either take off running in the opposite direction, turn their heads because they knew that you wanted to take their picture, or give you their best impression of "What you talkin' about Willis" look - Rhyne has got that look down pat (for those who are too young to remember this famous line, it's just plain sad to explain it).

All in all we got some pretty good pictures out of our "stroll" in the park (plus I got some really good aerobic exercise!). Since Rhyne is still terrified to go have her pictures taken at one of those chain studios, I really need to invest in some kind of photoshop software, or maybe take a hobby photography class in my spare time (yeah right, what spare time???).

2 Comments:
Blogger kate said...
Maladyets, Mama! (Well done, Mom!)

I especially love the last one of Rhyne with the flowers. I bet Dad will LOVE these!

Blogger Jennefer said...
What a wonderful adoption story you have here. Cute kids!