Monday, December 11, 2006
Remembering . . .
One year ago today, we were sitting on a Russian plane while it was being de-iced and listening to Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" being piped through the speakers. Our next stop we would finally be in Tyumen again to be reunited with our babies after an agonizing 7 month wait.

We knew in our minds that it was Christmas time, but in our hearts we knew we were about to become parents of two wonderful children that would make our wildest dreams come true! I've been thinking of the past few days of those magical days in Russia last year and all the great and scary memories that we made together. One day I hope that we can travel back there for a visit, but until then we are just happy to be a family!

I'm sure I'll be posting more in the coming days. Friday is our 1 year anniversary and my birthday. When I was asked where I wanted to go eat for my birthday, the natural answer was Chuck E Cheese! Pizza, games, and a great time with the kids - what could be better than that?