Friday, October 06, 2006
Harvest Moon
If you haven't done so already, go out and look at the Moon tonight. Tonight is the Harvest Moon and it will appear 12 % bigger than previous full moons this year.

It got it's name Harvest Moon because farmers used to use the moon's light to harvest their crops all night. And how about this, did you know the Moon is not round but instead it is egg-shaped? Egg - Farmer, is anyone seeing a connection here?

Anyway, I'm fascinated with the Moon and how we can feel connected with others around the world with a beam of light and a little help from the Man in Moon!

I see the Moon
And the Moon sees Me.
God bless the Moon
And God bless Me.
2 Comments:
Blogger kate said...
I know a similar song:

I see the moon and the moon sees me. Shine on the ones I love!

I'm sure there's more to it, but that's the part I remember.

Blogger Deb said...
I saw the moon on Friday and was amazed at it's size. So glad i caught your post on it. Now I know it's the Harvest Moon.

I love the pics of your kids in their overalls. Adorable!