Thursday, July 06, 2006
Look Mommy, I jumping!
Sitting quietly pounding away at the keyboard today at work and all of a sudden my phone rings and it's the daycare. Uh oh! Who's sick or hurt this time? This time it was Jake. Apparently, he has this new fondness of jumping. Everytime he stands up on something, he yells out, "I juming!". Well, the little daredevil jumped out of the chair at school and bumped that ever famous spot on his forehead! He's hit it so many times in that same spot, he doesn't even cry anymore - I guess it's permantly numb!! We've joked that he keeps hitting that forehead because, bless his heart, it sticks out there like the front-end of a Lincoln, and will probably be one of those kids that has to wear a helmet!! Poor baby.

Anyway, they called just to let me know in case I wanted to come by and take a look at it and not be shocked when I came to pick them up. Well, I knew they already had ice on it and by the time I got there he would be cradled in someone's arms, receiving TLC and thinking (like any man would), "this is the life for me", and the knot would be down. I knew right and then that I was running out to Targets at lunch and finally buying him that t-shirt that says "I do my own stunts". It just describes him to a T (he he).

New phrases R & J are saying -

"Hey Baby" - and just give you that cheese grin

"Just Wet" - when I ask who has a stinky on, they'll say "just wet". Too clever!

"I sorry" - will say this then lay their head in your lap and bat those baby brown eyes

Billboard sign of the month - I was driving to work one day and almost ran off the road from laughing so hard!! The red sign only read "I POOTED" - nothing else. Some may not find this as funny as me, but in our family, it's become a running joke. Well this week, they finally put more on the billboard, and I just had to pull over this morning and take a picture!!!