Saturday, July 08, 2006
Mmmm. . . Blackberries
It's blackberry season here in the South, and lucky for us we have blackberries growing all along our fence line. Today, the humidity has been low and it's not too hot, so we all went out blackberry picking this morning. Rhyne and Jake did real good and only picked the black ones, but somehow none of them ended up in their bags - they ended up in their mouths or on the ground. Anyway, we got a good little mess of them the morning, and hopefully we can go back out this evening and pick some more. I'd like to have enough to make some blackberry preserves or at least enough for a cobbler, yum!


7 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
They are so adorable!
Jake looks so serious too picking those berries.
Love the stunts shirt, I must find one for Matthew soon.

Blogger Suz said...
Umm-yumm! I don't blame them for eating more than ended up in their basket! Also, is "mess" (as in a mess of blackberries) a southern word? We say it here too in east Texas! Just wondering if the blog readers from the North, West and East say it too?

Blogger Elle said...
in the northwest we would just say bunch. In Elle's little world I would say whack. As in, "That's a whole whack of blackberries." I'm a little odd that way.

Love Jake's shirt btw. CS bought one last week that says, "I'm probably lying."

Blogger kate said...
Yum!! Savour that cobbler for me. No blackberries around here..

(and thanks for putting me on your blogroll!)

k8c

Blogger sandy said...
Oooh, cobbler. I'm going to have to put that on my list of things to do this week. I have some olallieberries (Central CA's version of blackberry) that I picked a couple of years ago in my freezer that I really should do something with. They're like gold... especially when you pick them yourself (and have to drive over an hour to get them). Hope you get enough berries for a cobbler!

Blogger Suz said...
Okay, those have got to be some rotten blackberries by now! I keep coming "over" to see if you've got any new updates for us but it's just the blackberries every time!

Blogger Suz said...
By the way, I'm posting these on September 21 :o)