Wednesday, May 16, 2007
It's In The Bag
How boring my life must have been before kids! For example, let's look at yesterday's exciting event.

Tuesday is dance day for Rhyne at school. So, every Tuesday morning in addition to the kid's regular school bags, I also have to remember to grab Rhyne's backpack with her dance clothes. No problem, I'm actually trying to plan ahead, so the bags were packed and placed in the car the night before.

The exciting part did not pop up until I went to pick the kids up from school. I grab all of the bags, juice cups, and their art work from their classroom, and then went to the TV room to hurdle Rhyne and Jake out to car (yes, trying to get two 3 year olds down the hall, out the door, and into the car is literally like hurdling cattle). The teacher just so happened to mention to me that I may want to check the front zipper pocket of Rhyne's dance bag. Now, anyone with a toddler can only imagine what would be waiting for me inside that front pocket. To my embarrassment, it was a pair of my PANTIES!! How on earth did that happen?? My head was spinning, my face turned red, and I was looking for the nearest exit (an even thinking about crawling under the toddler table there in the classroom)!! The teacher then said that when she pulled Rhyne's dance clothes out of her bag, the panties just flopped out too. Luckily, I regained my composure, mustered up the courage to speak, and replied, "You just never know what my kids will put in their bags!".

Thank goodness the kids must have sensed my embarrassment and were perfect angels walking to the car. After I got in the car, I got to thinking. I don't remember packing Rhyne's dance bag, so that left the trusty husband. The pink-fleshy colored panties are the same color as the dance clothes, and they were all in the dryer together. So, I'm sure he just grabbed up all the silky pink colored items that resembled her dance clothes and packed them in her backpack. I still wouldn't put anything past Rhyne. She is way too smart and clever, and this would be right up her alley to tuck things into a hiding spot.

Luckily, they were not thongs or granny panties, they did not have any holes, and they were clean!!


On a barnyard side note ~ the day would not be complete without complete without something happening on the farm. We now have a new black lab/retriever puppy, Zoe (cute, cute, cute!). Zoe like to lay on the back porch, where it just so happens Mr. Sunshine, the rooster, likes to sleep while perched up on the porch rail. Last night I went to put Zoe some dry food in her aluminum pan, which was sitting almost beneath Mr. Sunshine. You can imagine the wake up call Mr. Sunshine got when the food hit the pan! He cut a perfect back-flip off the porch and landed on his feet - great landing! It took him about 10 minutes to realize where he was and regain his wits about him. He then let me know that he did not appreciate me interrupting his sleep and began talking back to me - crowing for about 30 minutes. Too funny!
4 Comments:
Blogger kate said...
too funny!

Blogger mommyto5 said...
Oh my, how funny:)

Blogger Jennefer said...
I thought those embarrassing type of things only happened to me! Thanks for letting me know I am not alone there. I guess with kids it is inevitable!

Blogger one4JC said...
That is good but as a preschool teacher you would be surprised at the stuff we find in book bags. I had one little boy bring in his Mommy's "ear cleaner".

You know the battery powered private type adult toy.

Apparently he found the "special toy" in her room and this was the explanation that was given to him by Mom.

I didn't say a word to her but given the avoidance techniques she used I think he must have filled her in that night.

He he he he